Alex’s Message to Ward 1
“As a candidate for all the people of Ward 1, I will be devoting a lot of time and effort to listening to our residents, and then finding the best ways for government to work for the people. I’m really grateful for the kind endorsement by the current Ward 1 incumbent Marc Grant, who is not seeking re-election. Your support and your vote will mean a lot to me, and I’ll need your help to ensure election success on November 3. I hope you will agree that I offer the right combination of capabilities, experience, love for the community, and knowledge of Ward 1 issues to make a real difference on Town Council.”
Alex’s Community Involvement:
A lifelong Native Islander and community leader, Alexander Brown Jr.’s family history on Hilton Head Island stretches back over seven generations. For the past 30 years, he has made his career at Resort Retail Associates, where he is the Vice-President of Operations. His drive and passion, however, come from the tireless work that he has been doing to sustain Hilton Head Island as a beloved community. He is Alex is very active and passionate member of the native island community and its issues.
- Co-Founder, One Island One Community Annual 4th of July Picnic
- Chairman of the IW Wilborn Scholarship Committee
- Trustee and Youth Leader at Central Oak Grove Missionary Baptist Church
- Assistant Boys Varsity Basketball Coach at Hilton Head High School
- Chair of Hilton Head’s Town Planning Commission
- Treasurer of the Martin Luther King Celebration Planning Committee
- Member of the Town of Hilton Head Island Vision Project Management Team
- Chair of the Greater Island Council Vision Steering Committee
How to help Alex get elected
- Register to vote! Visit scvotes.gov to check your voter registration status.
- Like him on Facebook!
- Text ALEXBROWN to 843.305.4902 to stay updated!
- Spread the word about the election and your support for Alex!. Interested in hosting a virtual fundraiser or town hall with Alex? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Donate. If you are able, donate to Alex’s campaign.
- Remember to cast your ballot for Alex Brown on November 3!
Paid for by John Joseph, Treasurer | Alex Brown Ward 1 Election Campaign